VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Vg Works On Dmv480a-2t1 Cards?

hi,

Right now, our setting up 5 DMV480A-2T1 cards, SR6.0 on a server and will estimate the VG as well.

But looks like we are having some problems with configuration.

The situation for us is:

Our carrier is Verizon, and we have 10 T1s go to our cards. Only 2 of them have D channel. What we are trying to do is,

use NFAS, use the first D channel trunk as Primary trunk which goes to board #0 line 1, and use the second D channel trunk as backup trunk which goes to the last board #4 line 2. The protocol is ISDN 5ESS. I changed the config file based on ml10_dsa_5ess.config for each line and did everything based on http://www.dialogic.com/support/helpweb/dx...s/new/tn934.htm

Now on the board, it shows green. But how can I test the trunk to make sure it is up and running?

I tried to run isdiag.exe, but it always failed. I saw some post saying isdiag won't work on SR6.0 because it only allows to use GlobalCall. :blink: , does VG have some capability to test this, or I can use any other tools?

Thanks.

ISDIAG should work. Have you tried running it first on the board/trunk that has the D channel enabled?

Are you using the NFAS approach to basically gain use of the 8 extra B channels which otherwise would be used by the D channel, or is there another reason?

Are you using the latest SR6.0 Service Update (currently that latest is SU148)?

Does the company that supplied you with the Dialogic cards have technical support? They should really be assisting you here as well in getting the hardware they supplied working.

I saw some post saying isdiag won't work on SR6.0 because it only allows to use GlobalCall.

Maybe that ISDAIG comment related to the fact that you use GC parameters to modify the SETUP message on outgoing calls when DMV cards are used. Can you find a link to that comment?

No special configuration settings need to be made in order for ISDIAG to receive calls, just start with the right trunk/channel parameters and it will answer incoming calls.

It may be a good idea to enable RTF tracing on this system as well. RTF tracees would show up any issues on the Dialogic driver layer. It's a good trace to have when debugging situations where ISDIAG does not seem to work as expected.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I saw the post about isdiag from here: http://www.mediateldata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977

The reason we are trying to use NFAS is to save cost on D channel. We know non-D channel T1 is much cheaper than D channel T1.

For the SR6.0, I am not sure the service upgrade version, where can I can find this information? In the DCM, it only shows System Release, Version 6.0, Build 70.

I will try out the RTFTrace, will let you know what I find.

Thanks again.

There is a link to the page from which the latest Service Update can be downloaded on our WWW Recommended Hardware page. Here is a direct link to current latest version: http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...su148/index.htm

The reason we are trying to use NFAS is to save cost on D channel. We know non-D channel T1 is much cheaper than D channel T1.

The "Robbed Bit" lines are sometimes cheaper the ISDN lines, but as in this case all the lines are managed from an ISDN switch the cost should not be that much different.

I'd try calling back your T1 supplier (Verizon) and reconfirming the pricing on getting 10 T1s each with their own D channel versus the NFAS arranged T1s.

If you have individual T1s each with it's own D channel you will have in future greater flexibility in how to use them or re-arrange them to different cards/servers.

You may for example find in the future that you may want to split the traffic across two servers for redundancy.

Individual T1s each with it's own D channel are also easier to work with - you just plug them in and they work straight away, whereas NFAS is harder to setup and even harder to debug if something is not working as you'd expect.